How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Fire can be extremely destructive to a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as detrimental. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions and smoke soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. Experiencing a fire can have deep-rooted, catastrophic both to your house and your family.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand any damages to your precious keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as specialists in soot and smoke damage, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. Every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your building.
Fire Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC so smoke won’t spread.
- To suck out smoke, position large fans towards open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Use a cloth to clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Paul Davis’ Services
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing fire repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your building recently undergone soot damage? Reach out to to Paul Davis. Our fire remediation services will get you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in high-quality using the proper equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke remediation services and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.