Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can see it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is a part of nature, however the kind of mold that grows in your home or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores can travel through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a location on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be basically impossible for you to stop mold infiltrating your residence. You need to be concerned when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can tell you the type of mold present is invaluable. Pair that with an expert who will develop the optimal way to treat it then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection of your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of knowledge in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be a long project. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best to work with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services in conjunction with basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your dwelling on top of major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the surfaces it’s found in, meaning the longer it remains untreated in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your home and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the abundance of molds that can reside in properties, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can assist in making your home healthy and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that grows indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp locations such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is the least common household mold. It needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in cold and warm environments and migrates rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly located in soft goods and grows and migrates in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may know or suspect you have mold in your home call the experts with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services required to remove damaging mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.